Top Women Rule
I just want to point you to a thread of some similarities that can speak tons about what both Racquetball and Squash look like. On a number of levels if you care to dig deeper. (There are some key underlying truths out there.)
If you read this blog, you know I've written a ton about Paola. (Just check the archives.)
Nicol David is a super star in her world of Squash. Her record is running significantly longer in dominance, (although Paola's winning streak is crazy,).
- Both dominate the Professional Women's side of their sport.
- Both are celebrated in their respective countries. (Mexico and Malaysia)
- There is drastic separation between the rest of the pack in terms of social reach and notoriety.
- This includes separations from the top athletes on Men's Pro side.
- Both are bigger than their respective pro tours...in aggregate. (Anyone connected with or follow what has been going on with these tours, knows.)
- Paola Longoria 77.6 K Twitter Followers (Roughly up approx. 36.3K since I first mentioned it last June.)
- Nicol David 84.1K Twitter Followers. (You know you're big time when they use a decimal points instead of actually bothering to show exact numbers.)